Friday, June 28, 2019

Tokyo Day 6 (CupNoodle Museum!)

So this was fun!!


I have to admit, when I heard we were going to take an hour-long train ride to visit the CupNoodle Museum in Yokohama, I balked slightly. Again (this is becoming a habit) I am glad I was talked into it! What a great time!  To think, all of those hundreds and possibly thousands of packets of instant Ramen I have consumed in my life, and now I finally know how it is made...

First, though, Yamashita Park on the waterfront was very beautiful, with expansive flower gardens and spectacular views. It was pretty hot out—the hottest day we’ve had—but the heat was better than the washout that was forecast for today and then apparently passed us over.















The Museum and factory is something else. Far from the fly-by-night operation I expected to find, the place is a model of Japanese efficiency.





Before we made our own noodles, we visited the “Noodles Bazaar,” where noodle fans could find (high quality!) variants of the food from all over the world. This is like my Mecca!





For the noodle-making, which was guided at every step by extremely efficient and helpful staff, we donned aprons and chicken bandanas (we get to keep the latter!).



















The finished product - with customized packaging!





As usual, by the end of the day, May was spent.



Also as usual, we found Melissa some sushi!



Off to Takayama on the bullet train tomorrow morning! We have really enjoyed our time in Tokyo, but are ready for our next Japanese adventure!

No comments: