Thursday, June 27, 2019

Running in Tokyo

The last couple of mornings, Melissa has shamed me by getting up and going running between 4 and 5 am (!!!) while I snoozed. It is pretty cool, I think, that in Tokyo a young woman need think not at all about heading out into the city, alone, at that hour. But there you have it - nearly zero crime makes for a great urban experience. 

Anyhow, this morning I copied her and headed (later!) to Yoyogi Park. What a gorgeous place for a run!

First, I had to get there (it is nearly 2 miles from our apartment). The wonders of Google Maps meant I barely had to pause while weaving my way through early rush hour Tokyo.



It was worth the weaving for sure. The site of the Olympic Village for the 1964 Tokyo Olympics, the park is well maintained and beautiful.













This stuff is basically Gatorade. 



Apparently Japan’s first flight took off near here.






No comments: