So when Ben and I got back from our respective trots, we headed out into the town to go see some of the region’s famous, wooden, temples.

This the regional mascot, more or less - the “Lucky Monkey Baby.”

The temple walk is phenomenally beautiful.
This the regional mascot, more or less - the “Lucky Monkey Baby.”
The temple walk is phenomenally beautiful.
Syl channeling her dad!
Sometimes you just have to take a load off.
Soba for lunch, in yet another fabulous restaurant.
This was my plate, alone!
Amazing that we had room for ice cream, but we did.
Finally, we visited the regional government headquarters under the Shoguns. Very cool, and very well-preserved.







I don’t know how Hiba beef, the local speciality, compares to Kobe, but I have to think favorably. It is good enough for me to take this stick from a woman on the street and eat it.
I don’t know how Hiba beef, the local speciality, compares to Kobe, but I have to think favorably. It is good enough for me to take this stick from a woman on the street and eat it.
For her part, Melissa found her go-to restaurant. Not.
We opted for yet another delicious sushi dinner, this time prepared by this delightful, friendly fellow, at a restaurant right around the corner from our house.
No comments:
Post a Comment