The Japanese rail system is definitely all it is cracked up to be: clean, comfortable, smooth, and FAST!
We had a quick transfer about half way through the trip, and on the second leg had the treat of riding in the front car, with spectacular views on three sides!
Watching the Japanese countryside change from urban to mountain rural was hypnotic. Of course neither photos nor video can really do it justice, but I tried.




Here’s a quick video that I put together mostly in transit!
Here’s a quick video that I put together mostly in transit!
We arrived in Takayama mid afternoon, and quickly found the spectacular AirBnB that Uncle Ben and Aunt Lia booked.
Syl immediately commandeered an artist’s corner.
We headed out into the drizzle to explore old Takayama, where most of the buildings are still wooden, and to find some dinner.






Look! Local beer!
Look! Local beer!
The staff at this place were phenomenally hospitable, and the food—prepared at our table—was delicious.
Who knows what tomorrow will bring?
No comments:
Post a Comment