Did I mention in my earlier post that just after I walked out of athenahealth last Thursday, I drove north to Maine and spent the next three days biking around the state in the glorious sunshine with roughly 100 of my now-former colleagues??
We started with yet another "goodbye Dan" dinner, this time in Portland. Fun group.
Day one ran from Brunswick, to Lewiston, day 2 from Lewiston to Waterville (where we had our traditional afternoon on the Colby quad), and day 3 from Waterville back to Brunswick.
One wrinkle: I forgot my cycling shoes! I blame the emotion of leaving athena.
Luckily, the second rest stop of the first day was in Freeport, where there is a HUGE LL Bean store that was happy to sell me a new pair.
The downtime is as much fun as the ride time at these events. These are some of the athena volunteers who make the ride possible.
This is Sarah, a paralegal on my former team, who did her first long ride because I was leaving the company! How nice is that??
And this is Kayln, who I met a year ago when we discovered we were both doing the IronMan in Lake Placid. She is a beast on the bike.
I could explain this. But I won't. Jokesters, all of these people.
This crew rides fast, and we finished early. In time for a beer before the team finish.
Now that is what I call a good close to a chapter. More photos at this link.




























No comments:
Post a Comment