Tuesday, February 23, 2010

More funny things

A couple more funny things Sylvie has said lately. She's saying a lot of funny things, now that she talks NON STOP. She also says un-funny things, but I don't bother relating those... I should also note that both of these things were said to Melissa, so I'm typing her second-hand account.

1) Last night, Sylvie wanted fish crackers for dinner. This is not unusual. Melissa told her no, she had to eat some of her pizza before she could have fish crackers. A tantrum ensued. Strangely, the tantrum was self-arresting, as Sylvie abruptly stopped crying and began eating her pizza. Reflecting on her behavior, she told Melissa: "I not crying. I happy." And then, "I CUTE!" with a huge smile. I have no idea who told her she's cute...

2) This morning, Sylvie woke up at 6:15. I understand and appreciate that for most kids her age, 6:15 might be viewed as sleeping in. For Syl, though, it represents at least an hour and 45 minutes of lost sleep time compared to a usual night. She insisted on getting up and watching "Wonder Pets." Melissa allowed her to do so, while she showered, etc. Around 8, Melissa told her it was time to go to daycare. Sylvie's response was very Haley: "No... I tired. I go back to bed?"

No comments: