UPDATE: Latest manifestation of this miserable illness: now she apparently cannot lay still for any period of time without erupting into a horrible coughing fit. It ends with a gag, there's a momentary pause, and then it starts up again. I got her up and brought her downstairs to watch TV, use the nebulizer and calm down a bit, and she started asking for food. Everything she tried to swallow triggered a coughing fit. I think this is the worst part of it yet - knowing she's hungry and wants to eat but her cough-shredded throat won't let her get anything down. If anyone knows any miracle cures for a toddler cough, I'm all ears. Honey isn't working, nor tea, nor a steamy bathroom.
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Video update
Syl and I thought we'd save you my typed narrative tonight and update you "in person" on her condition. Summary: she seems to be getting better... but still won't (or can't) eat anything. Still drinking though...
UPDATE: Latest manifestation of this miserable illness: now she apparently cannot lay still for any period of time without erupting into a horrible coughing fit. It ends with a gag, there's a momentary pause, and then it starts up again. I got her up and brought her downstairs to watch TV, use the nebulizer and calm down a bit, and she started asking for food. Everything she tried to swallow triggered a coughing fit. I think this is the worst part of it yet - knowing she's hungry and wants to eat but her cough-shredded throat won't let her get anything down. If anyone knows any miracle cures for a toddler cough, I'm all ears. Honey isn't working, nor tea, nor a steamy bathroom.
UPDATE: Latest manifestation of this miserable illness: now she apparently cannot lay still for any period of time without erupting into a horrible coughing fit. It ends with a gag, there's a momentary pause, and then it starts up again. I got her up and brought her downstairs to watch TV, use the nebulizer and calm down a bit, and she started asking for food. Everything she tried to swallow triggered a coughing fit. I think this is the worst part of it yet - knowing she's hungry and wants to eat but her cough-shredded throat won't let her get anything down. If anyone knows any miracle cures for a toddler cough, I'm all ears. Honey isn't working, nor tea, nor a steamy bathroom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sylvie, I hope you continue to feel better and get to eat lots of cake soon!
Thanks for all these updates, Melissa and Dan. How are you guys holding up?
Love,
Amy
Post a Comment