Wednesday, January 27, 2010

No worse

Melissa just called as she and Sylvie headed out of the doctor's office. The bad news is she's now added a pair of ear infections to her list of ailments. The good news is that the respiratory thing has not gotten any worse since yesterday. That is actually quite good news, since the real fear with this particular illness is that it could devolve quite easily into pneumonia.

Melissa reports that Sylvie got up at 9am and had no fever (another good sign). She still does not want any part of food. The doctor said, again, that so long as she is drinking and peeing we should not worry about the food thing, even if she does not want to eat for a few more days. That prospect makes me nauseous, personally, but I'm trying to convince myself that if it comes to that I'll be okay with it.

I'll drop a note tonight. We're hoping not to have another repeat of the nap/high fever/huge coughing fit routine that we've been through for the last few days. We'll see...

No comments: