Here's a cute video of Sylvie's post meal bath last night. Those who have been dogged by my video camera will appreciate the casual but pointed brush-off she gives me at the end...
Good night last night. Some coughing, but nothing over and above what you'd expect from a regular cold. Still hacking this morning - but hacking and eating, which is the big thing. A whole cereal bar for breakfast today... which isn't any different from the amount she ate pre-illness.
Turns out somebody upstairs took me up on the offer of 'cosmic balancing' that I made two nights ago. As predicted by Syl's pediatrician on Monday, RSV does in fact manifest in adults as a very bad cold. So far so good for Melissa, and with Sylvie on the mend I could care less about some sniffles.
Also, I just experienced a particularly nice milestone. We're always telling Sylvie "I love you," and usually/sometimes she echoes us. Just now, for the first time, I was just walking through the room where she's watching Dora the Explorer, and she looked up and said, "Daddy?" "What Syl?" I asked. "I love you," she said without looking away from Dora. Good stuff.
Also, a moment ago she came up to me, tugged my leg, and said, "I HAPPY!!! YAAAAAAY!" and then ran off to play with her puzzles. She can't say, "Boy, I feel better and I sure am happy about it" - but that's what she's saying!
Also, I just experienced a particularly nice milestone. We're always telling Sylvie "I love you," and usually/sometimes she echoes us. Just now, for the first time, I was just walking through the room where she's watching Dora the Explorer, and she looked up and said, "Daddy?" "What Syl?" I asked. "I love you," she said without looking away from Dora. Good stuff.
Also, a moment ago she came up to me, tugged my leg, and said, "I HAPPY!!! YAAAAAAY!" and then ran off to play with her puzzles. She can't say, "Boy, I feel better and I sure am happy about it" - but that's what she's saying!
Looking forward to resuming my usual happy posting!
No comments:
Post a Comment