Sylvie has been increasingly curious about just what it is that Mom and Dad do when we go out for our occasional "date nights." Usually the answer is 'dinner and a movie.' Last night we took her along, and even let her pick the flick. She's been wanting to see the Muppets. It didn't disappoint (though Dad would rate it inferior to its predecessors). After the movie we went to dinner at a new-ish place called Twenty-8. The main criteria? They had a grilled cheese on the kids' menu.
Part way through dinner Sylvie whispered a "secret" to her mom. They giggled conspiratorially. The secret turned out to be a clever plan to steer Dad to Baskin Robbins. Didn't take much effort. After a bunch of aborted choices Sylvie took a last-second flier on egg nog ice cream. Then she proceeded to eat most of Melissa's rainbow sherbet and most of my Oreo soft serve. She may be a little bit indulged...
On the way home Sylvie said the following:
"I'm so tired."
"I think we'll skip the story tonight. I want to go to bed." And
"Mom, can I take a nap tomorrow?"


No comments:
Post a Comment