Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Pat & Kem's Wedding

So if I had to choose just one photo to sum up the weekend, it would have to be this one, taken as Pat's wonderful new mother-in-law got her first real taste of Pat's moves on the dance floor...


Happily (especially for Pat), I don't have to choose just one photo.  I took a few (although mostly I concentrated on video, which will take a while.  I didn't want to get too much in the way of the professional photographer, for fear of what he might have done to me).  

It really was a beautiful wedding.  Pat and Kem must have a line to someone with pull Upstairs, because the ordinarily swampy/stormy DC summer weather gave way to a pristine, warm but dry day under a glorious blue sky.  The ceremony went off mostly without a hitch, save for a little hesitation on the part of the (extraordinarily cute) flower girl, and a few chuckles over the, um, ardor expressed in Pat's side of the vows.  Speaking of the flowers, Grandma Lynne did her usual fantastic job.

Here's a selection of my favorite shots, taking us from the rehearsal dinner, through some wedding-day recreation, the ceremony, and the reception.  Many more, as always, in the wedding gallery.


1 comment:

Lynne said...

You've outdone yourself again Dan..
thanks!