
Syl's first real exposure to Santa did not go so well. While we waited in line, Santa heard the call of nature and went running by us, ho-ho-ho-ing and bells a-jingling. Sylvie grabbed onto Melissa and squeezed tight enough to leave marks. Needless to say, five minutes later when we tried to drop her in Santa's lap, her reaction was basically, "WHAT? Are you KIDDING me?"
Happily, with Melissa by her side, she settled in for a calm, if stoic, photo. I love the shot of her looking up at Santa distrustfully. I'm sure she'll feel better about the jolly old guy on Christmas morning.
Aside from the Santa encounter, Syl had a great time at the breakfast. Dad spent a few hours volunteering with the Lions, serving hungry Hollistonians, before Syl and her mom arrived. Then Sylvie enjoyed some pancakes, met Santa, spent some fun time hanging out with Edward Daniels, her friend from school, and danced with mommy for a little while.
She was also quite impressed with all the snow on the ground this morning. Looks like winter is here for real!
More, of course, in the new December 2009 gallery. And if I can get the scanner working, I'll try and get the "professional" shot with Santa scanned and posted. It's pretty funny.



No comments:
Post a Comment