And here's the class photo I mentioned...
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Back to school - and happy about it!
Here's a fun excerpt from the "week in pictures" email that one of Sylvie's teachers at day care sends out.
Melissa and I have always felt really good about the Holliston Community Children's Center. The people are incredibly nice and conscientious, and clearly spend a lot of time actually interacting with - not just monitoring - the kids. Sure, she gets more than her share of colds. But Sylvie also learns a whole lot at school - every day she comes out with something that we know did not come from us - and her social interactions are just wonderful. On that topic, Melissa's heart was warmed when she dropped Sylvie at school after her week away in Ohio, on Monday. Melissa worried Syl would be reluctant. Instead, she was downright excited. She ran into the room, yelling to her friends by name and offering each of them individual greetings. At home now we often hear references to Edward or Sophie or Kevin or Maya as Syl chatters away, and she loves taking her class photo and naming each friend - and each teacher - in turn as she points to the faces.
And here's the class photo I mentioned...
And here's the class photo I mentioned...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment