Wednesday, December 5, 2007

We're going to have a smiley talker


I've gotten a LOT of good feedback on the interview video, so I will try to make that a semi-regular feature. I know those of you who met Sylvie over the past couple of weeks can already see how much she's changing day-to-day, both physically and in terms of how she's responding to and even interacting with people. It really amazes me - every night when I get home from work, there's a little bit more of a "real person" there waiting for me. She's definitely smiling now - no question of it being just gas. While it still isn't a full-fledged smile of long duration (and for that reason I've thus far been unsuccessful at capturing it on film, but for the side-view smile at Allison last weekend), it's definitely a smile. She draws in a quick breath, her eyes widen, and she opens her mouth and smiles for just an instant when she's pleased. That was how she greeted me at 4am this morning when she woke up for a diaper change and a feed and I bent over the bassinet to gather her up. Made me not mind the hour one bit (particularly since she'd slept soundly since 10pm).
Also, she's "talking" a whole lot now. Sitting in her bouncy chair or her swing or one of our laps, she just jabbers away like a little bird. This is very different from fussing and is very cute. Her hands are constantly moving about in front of her face, and while I realize it may be (probably is) accidental, twice now she's used her right hand to shove a drooping binky back into her mouth.
Finally, lest I forget, she continues to be an excellent and prolific pooper.

No comments: