I'm not sure I can thank Melissa, Sylvie, and my parents enough for all of their enthusiasm and support on race day. While swimming, biking, and running for 12 hours and change is tough, hanging outside ALL DAY and being in the right places at all the right times to give me the incredible boost of a cheering section is a slog for sure. It felt so good to see them--the explanation for the smile you see glued to my face in most of the race shots!
Back to the present, here are some pro race shots. The course was gorgeous but grueling, with a ton of climbing on the bike.
Meanwhile, back in town...
Here's one of those moments when I caught sight of the gang, at the halfway point of the marathon.
By the time I hit the finish line, I was ready to be done - but still had enough in the tank to semi-sprint in. Once again I tried to keep it low-key, and failed.
There is nothing quite like that feeling. Maybe because the temperature was so much more reasonable then a few years ago, I actually felt pretty good immediately after the race. No near-puking this time.
It sure was good to see these people.
Syl's contribution to the marker wall at the finish sums it up nicely.
And of course my dad was ready with the traditional, post-race beverage.
All of the Placid
photos are here. For some reason they are publishing in kind of screwy order.
No comments:
Post a Comment