I know, I know: EVERY day is "Sylvie's Day." Believe me, I'm on board with that. Melissa, however, is apparently going through a major pushover phase. Funny: I always thought I'd be the one to spoil our little one...Sylvie recently observed that while Melissa and I each have birthdays AND Mother's and Father's day, respectively, she only gets a birthday. That struck her as profoundly unfair. Melissa bought it, and declared today "Sylvie's Day" - complete with a full week of build-up. I'm a little bit appalled, but not much: the upshot was the two of them had a really nice day together. I'm willing to bet that the parents of her classmates are none too pleased with us, however...
The day started with presents (PRESENTS!!).
Then, while I went on my unexpectedly-long run, the girls went to the mall. Lunch at the American Girl Store was followed by a hairdressing session for Sylvie's doll (and her doll's new cat - PRESENTS!!!), and then a Sylvie manicure. Melissa snapped a couple phone photos...
Here's something kind of funny: when Melissa and Syl saved me from my too-long run, as soon as I got in the car Sylvie declared, "Daddy! I'm getting my ears pierced today!!!" Melissa then exclaimed, "Sylvie! I warned you not to tell your Dad!" I am being undermined at every turn (though Melissa was correct: to Sylvie's not-quite-consternation (I think she would have chickened out) I am sticking to my 'not until she's 8' policy).
Pierced ears or not, my girls are pretty cute though.
Sylvie designed her doll's own 'do, which the stylist dubbed "the Sylvie." I'm sure that's the first time that has ever happened in the history of the American Girl Store...
Anyhow, even though I don't entirely approve: Happy Sylvie's Day to all!!











No comments:
Post a Comment