Turned out I messed up my loop and realized about halfway in that I was going to be significantly over 18 miles. But I knew Melissa was at home, so I figured I'd just call her when I hit 18 and she and Sylvie could come pick me up.
Unfortunately my iPhone kind of... froze. So my 18 miler turned into closer to a 21-miler. The good news is that at that point the notion of five more miles didn't seem all that terrible. Can the marathon be next week? I remain very worried that I'm going to manage to hurt myself before the event.
Speaking of the event, click here for a column that our regional paper ran for me a couple of weeks back. And then click here for an explanation of how I try to rationalize asking friends and family for contributions for these Dana Farber events I've taken to doing.
Convinced? Please click here and make a contribution of any amount. Thanks so much.


No comments:
Post a Comment