Sylvie had no school today - Patriots Day, one of those idiosyncratic little MA-only holidays. Both Melissa and I had to work, of course. Our little girl was awesome - entertaining herself for hours on end with her drawing and painting (and maybe with a little TV...). So when she walked into the room where I was working in the middle of the afternoon and said with bight-eyed sincerity, "DAD! I have a GREAT IDEA!! We should go to C&L FROSTY!!!" I could hardly say no.
The mercury reached up near 90 today (to the sorrow of many a Boston Marathoner). Sylvie discovered that her favorite mint chocolate chip is somewhat harder to manage when the temp creeps up that high...
Then when I finished my work, Syl and I headed over the Oak Grove for our first visit of the Spring, while Melissa made dinner. Might be one of our last visits too - had the yard measured out for the jungle gym this afternoon!
Syl is counting the days until her cousins arrive now - and breaking those days out into "home days" and "school days" too. Uncle Ben, Aunt Lia, Grandma and Grandpa: she's excited to see you too. But she's SUPER-excited to see Aya and Stevie - especially since the girls established via video-chat this weekend that they will both be sleeping in Sylvie's bed.


No comments:
Post a Comment