Yesterday morning Sylvie broke out a new package of Wikistiks. Wikistiks, for those who may not know, are these sticky, twisty things... think pipe cleaners that stick to each other.
The package, of course, has all sorts of illustrations of complex things that could, theoretically, be built with Wikistiks - assuming infinite patience and an engineering degree. Sylvie announced that she was going to build something special and I left her to it, expecting to come back to some kind of multi-colored blob.
While I was upstairs on the computer Syl labored away in the kitchen. Occasionally I heard a frustrated exclamation - "This is HARD! Ugh!" Then, "Dad! I'm done!"
This is what I found. I didn't lend even the tiniest bit of assistance. I think this is pretty cool on a whole number of levels.
Later she added this field of Tim Burton-esque flowers...



2 comments:
Super smart.
Wow!
Post a Comment