Sunday, April 10, 2011

Miami

As I may have mentioned in a previous post, right after we returned from Connecticut I had to fly out to Miami (Hollywood, FL actually) for my firm's 4 day partners' retreat.  It wasn't the greatest timing and I wasn't thrilled about being away from my girls.  The place was beautiful - though the beaches on the east coast cannot stack up to Naples.  I was obliged to spend most of the weekend in conference rooms, but we did get some free time yesterday.  I walked the beach and took random snapshots with my iPhone, some of which I thought came out pretty cool.  The night shot is from South Beach, where we had an evening reception on the top floor of some parking garage / architectural landmark (seriously - seemed weird, but ended up being kind of interesting).

View from my room

Hotel (Westin Diplomat)





South Beach

Blue Sky





All in all, not a bad place for an obligatory visit.  But I'm glad to be home with my girls.

No comments: