For the second time in a month, last night we were awakened in the wee hours by a cacophony of barking outdoors, followed shortly by the overpowering stench of a ticked off skunk. Turns out neither Pax nor the local skunk community learned their lessons the last time they tangled.
To make matters worse (for Pax in particular), this morning I discovered that last night's battle took place in the middle of the flower bed I spent three hours planting this weekend.
I gave Pax (who was again not hit directly, by the way. Apparently the skunk in question, in addition to being stupid, has poor aim) a piece of my mind this morning. Sylvie promptly and appropriately gave me a guilt trip about it. Walking down the stairs, I brushed past Pax and mumbled something gruff, like "get out of the way, flower-killer." Sylvie paused, gave Pax a pat on the head, and said, "I sorry daddy mean to you."
So the house stinks, the flowers look like they were attacked with an electric mixer, and somehow I come out of it feeling 'this big.'
1 comment:
I'll take Pax in a cat/dog swap....
Amanda
Post a Comment