Monday, November 1, 2021

Portlandia

 I spent a few days last week in Portland, for a trial my company has going there. This is Jacob and me flanking Ragy,  our CEO, unwinding with the team after his testimony. 


The locals took us to a private whiskey club one of them is a member of. This fellow really knew his bottles!


I really love our local counsel on this case. All of them are great lawyers, and have become legitimate friends through this process.


Portland has certainly seen its unique challenges over the past year. The core of the city is still a mess in the aftermath of all the rioting, and the federal courthouse feels more like a fortress than a courthouse. But the city certainly has a lot of charms. For one, it is a great place to run - even in the rain.



The fall colors rival New England.



And the urban parks are absolutely amazing. I did an 11 mile run through this park, which was in jogging distance of my downtown hotel.



Sure was muddy, though!


This was the view from the anteroom to our courtroom. I am likely heading back shortly, and in many ways am looking forward to it.



No comments: