Saturday, October 2, 2021

September Art

 I love when Syl gives me a tour of her sketchbook! She has been productive in September.

This first is a good indicator of how much she's developing. Sometimes she opens an old pad, and 
updates" a prior work. The first is, she thinks, a year or two old.




































Syl signs the ones she is most pleased with.


These next two are markers on a whiteboard at Melissa's house!



Last but not least: every once in a while Syl produces something that brings me up short. This was created on her ipad, using virtual brushes and "paint" with different textures. One might thing "digital" is a shortcut, but it isn't. I've watched  her work, and it is just as deliberate and painstaking as real paint and brushes. Perhaps more so, because she is very careful and meticulous about layering, light angles, and so-forth. I just love this one. 



No comments: