Monday, February 17, 2020

A true Bluebird Day!

I had in my head I was going to stick to black and white photographs for this trip. I love snow photos in B&W. But the sky today was so intensely blue, a monochrome photo would be a sin.








Melissa decided to take a year off from her quest for Olympic gold (downhill), and today she decided to get out on the mountain in a different way.



Bonus, her snow shoeing lesson came with toasted marshmallows! (Syl was jealous). I was proud of her for proactively braving the cold.



We all met for lunch at the base, which was nice.



At the summit, Syl took a seat.





I am sure it is tempting these days to assume I applied a filter or otherwise monkeyed with these photos, but I didn’t. The sky was exactly this blue. It was remarkable.



No skiing tomorrow. Syl and I need to go in search of the elusive rabies vaccine (second dose). At least based on our linguistically-challenged phone canvas of the area, that might be more of a challenge that we’d anticipated. Wish us luck! 

No comments: