Thursday, February 21, 2019

The Haleys are officially a skiing family

And I have the photos (and video!) to prove it!





What a gorgeous day - again! - at Snowmass. Today Syl didn’t have ski school, so we skied together the entire day. I’ll admit, I assumed it would be a slower day than I’d become accustomed to. Boy, was I wrong! The kid is a powder hound! On the bumps, in the trees, motoring down steep inclines - she led me all over the mountain!






Even better, Syl really appreciates the best parts of skiing. A few choice quotes from the day:

“Dad, I can’t even put into words how incredibly fun this is!”

“It’s so cold... but it’s the good kind of cold, because we’re outdoors, having fun.”

“I’m glad you’re the kind of dad who likes to do things with the family like skiing... not fishing.”

“I feel like we’re in the middle of nowhere, and that’s a good thing.”

And my favorite: “Dad!! It’s so beautiful!... Okay, I’m done appreciating. Let’s ski more.”

She was certainly right about the views.











We capped the day with another wonderful dinner with the Hamiltons.



I let the GoPro app put together another cheesy compilation of our day on the mountain. I think it did a particularly good job capturing this one! Just look at my two girls and their mad skiing skills! Oh, and Syl and I rode the mountain coaster too. Because it was there!

No comments: