I had to leave my girls at midday on Easter Sunday a week ago to hop a flight to Austin, TX for a weeklong HR conference. Of course, Easter Sunday this year was also April Fools' Day, which explained this guy waiting in my luggage.
At the event's opening reception, I randomly met this guy. During random chit-chat it came out that he has lived in Holliston for 22 years. On Willow Gate Rise (our old street!).
I also met this guy. Not the short one. I know him already. The tall one. That's Scottie Pippen, former Chicago Bulls great, now relegated by personal bankruptcy to playing one on one at corporate conferences. Was kind of cool/kind of sad.
The event was called Sippin' with Pippen. There were t-shirts.
I am well into my training for Lake Placid, so I found a cool bike shop, rented a bike, and got out for a couple of pretty good rides.
This is part of my team, crossing a bridge.
For my second ride, I did an "iconic loop" of 44 miles that I am told Lance Armstrong used to train, back in the day.
In Texas, they let you ride on divided highways. Scary. But very Texas.
Of COURSE I got a flat.
When I got home, it was SNOWING. In APRIL.
Partly for that reason, I decided to take the girls with me when I return to Austin this week for a quick trip. It is a fun city - and WARM!













No comments:
Post a Comment