Sunday, March 12, 2017

Melissa's First Ski Lesson!

On Friday morning, I dropped Melissa with Linda, an intensely nice and enthusiastic ski instructor at Northstar Mountain, Lake Tahoe. Then I headed up the mountain for what I expected to be three and a half hours of getting my ski legs back, before meeting Melissa for lunch. Around 10:00 it occurred to me to go check on her. Just as I arrived at the ski school area, I got a text: "This is miserable. I think I'm done."

 

I found Melissa and Linda, Melissa at her wits' end from having fallen so many times in the past hour. Luckily, Linda is a "never say die" kind of instructor, and Melissa's class was a great cheering section. I stuck with them, and by the end of the lesson more or less had the hang of the "pizza wedge" method. She was even enjoying herself! I was so proud!

 

 

 

This is the indefatigable Linda.

 

To my amazement, this is our first--but not our last--chairlift photo. At the end, Melissa felt good enough to believe we'll do this again! Now to get Syl going...

 

And I did get a great afternoon of skiing in too! 

 

No comments: