Saturday, April 19, 2014

At the Marathon Expo

First thing first: anyone who might like to track my progress on Monday can do so by downloading the Boston Marathon app ("BAA Marathon" in the app store). I'm bib number 26131, setting out from the start at approximately 11:00 AM.

Pretty cool to be on the window at Fiske's after 41 years of life...

Today my girls and I went to the Marathon Expo, a huge event in Boston where, among other things, we runners pick up our bib numbers and other assorted race stuff. It was a zoo, but we had a blast. Amazing how many people are involved in this thing.




This is Syl pinning up my name on the "Living Proof" board. That was a poignant moment for her dad.


After checking in and looking around we went to an old favorite of Melissa's and mine: Giacomo's in the South End. I could get used to this carbo loading routine...




Syl had Salmon... NOT from the kids' menu!


Finally, we strolled on over to the finish line: hopefully not the last time we'll see that this weekend!


Pretty amazed that this thing is almost here! All over but the running!! And by "all over," I also mean my fundraising. Thanks to my amazing family and friends, I exceeded my $13,000 goal! Thank you all. Now I REALLY have to run!

No comments: