Saturday, January 4, 2014

2014's First Sled

First thing I learned today: when the sun is shining and the wind isn't blowing, 14 degrees is a perfectly acceptable temperature for sledding. We got to the hill bright and early to beat the crowds.



Second thing I learned today: that cool waterproof, mountable HD video camera that my parents got me last Christmas works with my monopod, and my monopod gives a much better perspective than mounting the camera directly on the sled.




Third thing I learned today: Sylvie is both fearless and tireless. She would have continued trudging up that hill all day long if I'd let her. As it was, I was ready to collapse myself by the time we left. And the suggestion that she bomb down the hill head first was met with nary a raised eyebrow.



Here's a fun video:



Direct quote from Syl: "It's too bad Mommy doesn't like the cold. She's really missing out!" I couldn't agree more!

No comments: