Sylvie, Sophie and I rediscovered the Noon Hill Reservation this weekend, on two beautiful autumn days in New England.
On Saturday, toward the end of an hour-long hike, Sylvie suddenly declared, "I feel SO HAPPY! I love walking in the woods with you Dad!" Doesn't get any better than that.
So much did she love it, in fact, that yesterday morning she asked if we could go again. "Do you think we can make it all the way to the top this time?" I asked. "YES!!!" That is no small endeavor -- the round trip climb and descent took us just a bit more than an hour and forty minutes, resulting in a very tired girl (and dog). But again we had just a fantastic time together in the outdoors. Makes me excited for what she'll be willing to do as she gets a little bit older and stronger.







No comments:
Post a Comment