Friday, June 7, 2013

"Completely clean"

That's what my surgeon said today at my post-op about my pathology report. They got it all, no spread. Surrounding areas are "completely clean." That was the expectation, but it is still nice to hear it stated with such certainty!

From here I meet with a medical oncologist a week from Wednesday, with the expectation that he will recommend monitoring. Then I'll go for a full workup every four months for a year, every six months for two years after that, and--in light of my recurrence--every year pretty much for the rest of my life. I imagine those will be more stressful from now on, but there is comfort in them as well.

Best of all (at least in the short term), my surgeon rolled his eyes when I asked about the standard "four weeks no exercise" instruction I'd gotten in my post-op written materials. "Man, you know your body. If you are ready to exercise today, exercise today. Just don't be stupid and hurt yourself."

I love my surgeon.

2 comments:

Rob said...

there oughta be a like button on the blog. congrats!

Lynne said...

Thanks for the best news of the day!