First, I will admit that I am a worse offender than most, perhaps, when it comes to the parental tendency to view everything our own little ones do as minor miracles. So maybe this isn't so impressive as I think...
Sylvie's Aunt Willow and Almost-Uncle John got her a Disney iPad stylus for Christmas. It is basically a digital marker that, interacting with a Disney app, allows her to color and draw within the app, which has a bunch of activities, a drawing lessons function that teaches her to draw basic Disney characters, and then a "free draw" function where she can just doodle.
Long story short, when she showed me this picture this morning, I assumed she'd traced a template or, at best, drawn it with the app's guidance. No, she insisted, she'd drawn it herself, in the free draw section. I assured her that it was very impressive if she'd drawn it with help, but she was adamant. "No, Daddy. I just saw it in my head and drawed it by myself. Artists see things in their heads."
Well, I checked the app - and there is no such template. There isn't even a picture she could have copied. She drew this Minnie herself, based on a picture in her head (which is in turn based on her Minnie doll, which is right now buried in her closet (I checked). I couldn't do as good a job.

3 comments:
Geat work Sylvie! Great-grandma Betty
Wow - that's very impressive, Sylvie!
Awesome stuff, Daneigh. Is that a Go Pro camera? They're all the rage in the professional ranks, too. We'll be using one at this year's Oscars for a high overhead shot on an extended pole.
Post a Comment