Sunday, June 17, 2012

Great "Daddy Day"

Syl and I joined the O'Learys for a quick Fathers Day picnic this morning at Hopkinton State Park.  We were late, the dogs ran a little wild, Pax popped a perimeter around the picnic table, and then Baxter one-upped him by vomiting a in a very major way right next to the table.  So it was what one might call an abbreviated visit.  Trystan did manage to snap this shot, which may now be my favorite photo of the kids together.


After some hammock "relaxation" (as Sylvie calls it), we got the bright idea (inspired by her outfit) to visit a nearby farm that features pick-your-own strawberries.  Syl LOVED that.  As we crouched in the rows, all of a sudden she turned to me and said, "this is awesome! This is just the best day!"  There is nothing quite like those little berries right off the vine.




Before



Mmmmm...


After
Fruits of our labor
Then of course there was ice cream.  Syl has had a good weekend ice-cream wise.


On the fence
After berry picking I took off for a good, long bike ride (perfect day for it).  When I got home, I found my girls had been hard at work - cooking homemade pasta and a fruit/custard cake!

Good Stuff
I'm a lucky Dad.  But of course I knew that.

No comments: