Sunday, August 7, 2011

Missing her cousins already

Well, it has only been a couple of days since Cousins Aya and Stevie and their folks began their trek west, to their new home in Seattle.  Sylvie already misses them - especially Aya, with whom she'd been in the middle of a good bonding session.  Between the heat and the move, Aya had spent a good deal of time at our house lately, and the two girls are finally at an age when they could truly play together with a relative minimum of conflict.  When I got  home from work Friday, I asked Sylvie how her day at school was.  "Not too good," she said.  "I cried and cried."  "Why?  Did you miss mom and dad?" I asked.  "Yes. And my cousin Aya.  I wish she could come back."  Very cute and sad.

Luckily we are going to see them again soon, when we go out to Seattle over Labor Day weekend for Stevie's Baptism.  I am very honored to have been asked to be his Godfather.  We're looking forward to the trip.

Here are some photos of the fun Sylvie and Aya had together over the last couple of weeks; at the pool, on the playground, and at the zoo with Madeline and Jake.












There are more in the new August 2011 gallery, and some in the July 2011 gallery too.

No comments: