First off, Syl asked me to send her best wishes for a great day to all the Dads in her life.
I sure had a great Father's Day. Or, as Syl would put it, "I had a great Father's Day fer sure."
First, I got the coolest gift ever - a trailer for my bike, so that Sylvie can come along on my bike rides! This really opens up a whole new set of options for Sylvie time, and removes the quandary I face nearly every time I head out on a ride: in order to get a good workout, I have to be out a couple of hours. But on the weekends that's precious Daddy time down the drain. Now Sylvie can come with me - and we won't even have to be gone two hours (pulling the thing, while easier than I expected, still ups the effort considerably - especially on the uphills.
 |
| Big fan of the cart - not so much of the helmet. |
After taking the new cart for a spin, we joined Madeline, Jake and Trystan at the pool for lunch and some swimming. It was a little chilly - I was the only adult who went in, and then only because Sylvie played the Father's Day card on me. Best evidence that she has completely recovered from her illness earlier this week? Syl pounded down a grilled cheese and fries - and then demanded another grilled cheese.
She was also the only kid who wanted to brave the "Big Kid Pool" - in fact, she was downright offended by the suggestion that she should play with Madeline and Jake in the kiddie pool. "But Daaaad! I a BIG GIRL NOW!"
 |
| Kicking |
 |
| Madeline, going all Zen on us |
 |
| Summer relaxation |
 |
| Ripples |
 |
| GC#2 |
 |
| Striking a pose |
Finally, after her nap Syl and I wrapped up the day with an impromptu photo session during our walk with Pax. I wasn't sure she knew what Father's Day was all about until she was so cooperative with this...
No comments:
Post a Comment