Sunday, November 7, 2010

Happy Third Sylvie!!!

I just love this photo.  It doesn't begin to capture the entirety of Sylvie's birthday - or even Sylvie's birthday party.  But I just love it.  The hand is Mommy's.  The guys in the background are the Rhythm Kids, congratulating themselves deservedly on another kick-butt birthday performance.  We were very pleased with these guys - as were all of Syl's guests.


Turned out Sylvie's party was only a part of her birthday extravaganza.  After her guests left she took a quick nap, then we went to dinner with the O'Learys and the Cocchiarellas at Jalapeno's, a Mexican restaurant nearby.  Syl pounded down a quesadilla.  THEN everyone reconvened at our house, and Sylvie opened presents.  She didn't get to bed until after 10:30!!  I have to say, it was a pretty cool thing to realize I was kicking back with my best friend from high school and his family, and my best friends from college and their family, watching all our kids play together on my kid's third birthday.  That was a nice end to an otherwise crappy week.

Here are a few photos.  Many more in the new November 2010 Gallery.



And of course it wouldn't be a birthday without my retrospective...

11/06/2007
11/06/2008
11/06/2009

11/06/2010
Thanks to everyone who made Sylvie's third one to remember - from the gifts and the cards to the voicemails and the video chats - Sylvie certainly doesn't have to wonder if she's loved...

Video to follow...

No comments: