Tuesday, March 30, 2010

From the Funny Stuff File - she hasn't yet learned tact...

So when Cousin Aya (pictured here, playing with Sylvie's Spanish speaking piggy bank) was over this weekend, I think I mentioned that we capped the day with a walk in the chilly pre-Spring air.  Baby Aya donned one of Sylvie's old coats - the pink, fuzzy one with little ears on the hood. 

As we were all pulling on shoes, coats, etc., Sylvie pointed up the stairs to where Aunt Lia was carrying Aya and yelled, "Aya!  You look like a PIG!!"  Melissa and I were impressed by the full sentence structure, of course.  Not "Aya PIG!" like she would have said just a couple of weeks ago, but "Aya! You look like a PIG!"  Probably because we all found the pronouncement so amusing, Sylvie repeated it for the first five minutes or so of our walk.  Aya looked unperturbed, but I think she was probably planning all the things she'll say about her cousin once she starts talking. 

2 comments:

Lia said...

For the record, Aya did look like a pig in that coat.

Amanda said...

I burst out laughing when I read that, Lia!