Saturday, October 24, 2009

Knockin' down those ABCs

A few weekends ago it seemed that Sylvie was getting bored with her many puzzles. No challenge! So we pulled out a talking alphabet puzzle that I picked up a while back. We had not given it to her yet because it is labeled for "ages 3 and up," and Sylvie is only just about to turn 2.
Please pardon the bragging (Daddy's prerogative!) - she did the whole puzzle with hardly a pause on the very first try, getting confused only a couple of times. Like between the 'z' and the 'n,' which the manufacturer perversely made the same color.

The fact that the puzzle talks makes it additionally educational. As you can see in this video, she's already identifying a lot of the letters, and even the words that they stand for.

This is a longish video compared to most of the ones I post, but I thought some folks (grandparents in particular) would get a kick out of seeing the whole puzzle process. Sorry for the nasty running nose toward the end. She has yet another cold - and I didn't want to interrupt her groove with a tissue!

No comments: